What are dermal fillers?
The dermal filler used at the clinic is Juvederm, from the leading pharmaceutical company Allergan. It is one of the most popular fillers in the world today because of its high safety profile and beautiful, natural results. Juvederm is an anti-aging dermal filler that offers a non-surgical approach to smoothing out facial wrinkles, folds and deep creases. It is composed of hyaluronic acid which is present naturally in our skin ensuring that it blends harmoniously with negligible risk of adverse reaction. The filler is non-permanent with the effects lasting from 9 to 18 months.
What to expect?
During a Juvederm session the area to be treated will be cleansed, usually with alcohol swabs and no anaesthetic is necessary. A injection or a sequence of injections is then administered under the skin using a fine needle to fill the soft tissue of the dermis which adds volume and diminishes wrinkles on the surface of the skin. Treatment takes approximately 25-30 minutes, and clients usually return to normal activities directly after the injections.
Where can they be used?
Lip Fillers are a popular treatment which addresses many lip concerns:
- Increases fullness of thin lips
- Enhances lip definition
- Creates a more defined smile
- Give the mouth area a youthful, rejuvenated appearance
Which part of the lip can be enhanced?
Lip enhancement can be performed at many different areas of the lips:
- Vermilion border or lip outline - for creating definition, width and improve lipstick lines
- Lip augmentation for the fleshy part of the upper and lower lip improving volume and plumpness
- Cupids bow definition will add definition and contouring
- Oral commissures or lines going down from the sides of the mouth – for a younger and happy look
- Marionette lines (sad lines from corner of lips downward) – also known as puppet lines
Prior to the treatment, anaesthetic will be applied for 15-30 minutes before the procedure to numb the lips. Dermal filler is then injected at specific locations into your skin and the product will be massaged into the skin.
Is it painful?
Overall the treatment is relatively comfortable. We understand the lips are a sensitive area and so anaesthetics are provided to help numb the area. Our specialists are all highly knowledgeable in this procedure to ensure your treatment is as comfortable as possible.
However, dermal fillers are also very effective in both men and women in helping to treat the following areas:
- Smile lines
- Perioral area (wrinkles around the lips) and chin
- Hollow under-eye circles
- Brow lift
- Filling acne scars
- Resculpting the jaw line by lessening the effect of jowls and sagging
- Treat sunken cheeks and weak chins
- Reshape the tip of the nose
How long do the results last?
The results of the treatment generally last between 6 to 12 months. The effectiveness of these products depends on the individual, as each patient varies. Regular follow-up treatments to maintain the initial result can be planned for you.