Louise graduated with Honours in 2014, later pursuing a Masters in Sports Nutrition & Exercise and graduating in 2015. During these years she completed her necessary placement and work experience, along with conducting independent research within the field and currently working towards publication. Louise furthered her personal development by achieving accreditation as an Anthropometrist by the ISAK Society, qualifying her to conduct in-depth Body Composition Analyses using skinfold callipers.
Louise has been based at Ocean Medical Clinic since 2015, working as a Nutritionist, in hopes to aid and optimise athlete's performance capabilities along with helping non-athletes achieve their nutritional goals. She specialises in healthy weight management programs, customised to each patient's specific needs and goals. Louise also conducts DNA food intolerance & sensitivity tests, accompanied by DNA fitness testing to determine what your body is made of and how to fuel and train exactly for your body's DNA.
What is a Nutritionist?
A nutritionist is an expert in the field of nutrition and food. They advise people on what to eat to improve a healthier lifestyle or achieve a specific weight goal.
Nutritionists characteristically do the following:
- Explain nutrition and how it can benefit the client
- Assess and measure the client’s diet and lifestyle
- Help develop individual meal plans
- Promote better nutrition by giving talks to groups about nutrition, and the relationship between a healthy diet and preventing or managing specific illnesses
- Keep up to date with recent nutritional science journals and research
Who can a Nutritionist help?
Seeing a nutritionist could benefit all types of people. Our clients range from individuals suffering from illness, struggling with their weight or looking to improve strength and performance.
What does Louise specialise in?
Louise provides expert services in a variety of areas such as:
- Weight management, weight loss and weight gain
- Specific diets for athletes, shift workers, essential services
- Sensitivity and intolerance testing (DNA Fit): With this non-invasive procedure, an oral swab is taken and you will discover what your body is made of. Receive two in depth portfolios explaining your DNA results. Find out how to eat & train exactly the way your body wants you to
- Body composition analysis highlighting your fat, muscle and fluid distribution
- Guided shopping trips and recipe ideas
- Packed lunch recipes
- Pressotherapy for lymphatic drainage
Louise also works alongside the rest of the team at Ocean Medical Clinic making sure we are able to offer you the finest service.
What can you expect in your first session?
The first nutritional consultation focuses on assessing the patient's needs and customising your meal plan and advice to help you achieve your goals. This is an personalised service as we understand that everybody is different and should be treated individually to give you the best chance of achieving your goals. You will receive your daily diet intake specifically tailored to your needs, highlighting your carbohydrate, fat, protein and fluid intake customised to your schedule. You will then receive a body composition analysis to show you your current muscle, fat and fluid distribution. Lastly you will receive personalised guidelines and advice on meals and shopping, including easy healthy recipes too!
With regards to athlete's consultation, this will also include daily diet intake for pre, during and post training and competition. Advice on traveling for competitions and how to maintain optimal performance is also given. Supplement guidance is also available for those athletes looking to further enhance their performance capabilities.
DNA Fitness & Diet Pro
DNA Fitness & Diet Testing
With this non-invasive oral swab, you will discover what your body is made of. Receive two in depth portfolios explaining your DNA results. Find out how to eat & train exactly the way your body wants you to!
You will also receive results for:
- Injury Risks
- Recovery Profile
A Simple Oral Swab, to reveal what your made of.
Results will show: Sensitivities, Intolerance or Needs to:
- Omega 3
- Vitamin B6 & B12
- Cruciferous Vegetables
- Vitamin D